● Please be courteous of other visitors.
● Be prepared. Know your equipment, your ability, the weather, and the area.
● Tell someone your travel plans. Hike with a buddy.
● Bicyclists & hikers, please yield to equestrians.
● Bicyclists please yield to hikers, wear helmets, and control speed.
● Equestrians, please wear helmets.
● Please stay on marked trails. Avoid trails when wet to prevent erosion.
● Please respect private property.
● Trails pass through areas open to hunting. Be aware of hunting seasons. Wear blaze orange
(including pets and horses) during rifle season, mid-November to mid-December.
● Dogs are welcome but must be kept on a 6-foot leash. Please clean up after
● Enjoy wildlife and plant life at a distance.
● Camping and fires are prohibited, except in designated areas.
● Please dispose of waste properly. Restrooms are available in park areas.
● Unauthorized motorized vehicles are prohibited on the trails.
● Report concerns to the Philpott Lake Visitor Center: (276) 629-2703.