Why does the Corps charge day use fees?
In 1993, Congress gave the Corps authority to collect day user fees. This reflects an evolving " user pay" philosophy, a result of increasing awareness of the Federal deficit and its impact on the national economy.

How will the fees be used?
They will be used to operate, maintain, and improve Corps managed recreation areas and facilities to assure the level of quality that visitors have come to expect and of which we are proud.

Where will the fees be charged?
They will be charged at Corps operated boat ramps and designated, developed swimming beaches.

What will the fee be?
Fees will be $7.00 per day for use of a boat launching ramp, swim beach or other recreational facility.  A fee of $2.00 per person per day will be charged for walk-in or bicycle users. Payment of this fee will permit the use of similar day use facilities at any Corps project on the date of payment. There will be no fee for children under 16 years of age. The day user fee is not refundable once you enter the area.

Will the Corps sell an annual pass?
An annual pass may be purchased for $40.00. The pass permits the holder and all accompanying passengers in the vehicle to use any or all boat launch ramps and/or designated, developed swimming beaches at any Corps operated recreation area at any Corps Project for 12 months from the date of purchase, except at facilities located within a fee campground and reserved exclusively for the use of campers.  The annual pass is a hang tag, which is hung from the rearview mirror.  Two decals, one displaying the month of purchase and the other displaying year of purchase. 

No duplicate passes will be sold, because the hangtag can be used on any vehicle the pass holder owns.  A visitor may purchase more than one Annual Pass at full price if desired.

Where can I purchase an annual pass?
Annual passes may be purchased at day use/campground areas having a staffed collection station and at the Visitor Assistance Center. Annual passes will be sold at electronic fee machines.

What about campers?
A paid camping permit will entitle the holder to use any designated day use facility without paying the day user fee on any day for which the camping permit is valid.

America the Beautiful - the National Parks and Federal Recreation Lands Passes
The new passes are available as a result of the Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act of 2004.  The legislation established the new discount pass program to replace the Golden Passport Program for all agencies.  The Corps will continue to accept Golden Access and Golden Age Passports according to the provisions of the pass.

The America the Beautiful - National Parks and Federal Recreation lands passes may be obtained in person at Corps,  USDA Forest Service, National Park Service, Bureau of Reclamation, Bureau of Land Management and Fish and Wildlife Service facilities. 

Stop by the Visitor Center or at manned gate houses during the recreation season to purchase / receive your pass at John H. Kerr. 

Additional information is available at America the Beautiful - The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Annual Pass.