Requests for Use of Government Property at Wilmington District Dam and Lake Projects
As stewards of the public land and water at the Civil Works multipurpose dam and lake projects in the Wilmington District, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) must carefully consider the implications and impacts of any request to use these resources. Adverse impacts to the environment and the Congressionally authorized purposes of these Civil Works projects must be avoided. Sustaining and improving these public assets ensures that they will continue to serve the public and fulfill their Congressionally authorized purposes.
Items considered include:
• preserving flood storage capacity
• conserving natural resources
• protecting water quality
• producing hydropower
• supplying drinking water
• maintaining navigation
• providing sustainable, high quality, diverse, natural resource based outdoor recreation opportunities
Those considering a request for use of Government property at Wilmington District dam and lake projects should review the Recreation Development Policy OR the Non-Recreation Outgrant Policy, AND the appropriate Applicant Information sheet depending on the nature of their proposal. These documents are available at links provided below. Potential applicants should also consult with USACE project staff prior to submitting a request.
1. Applicant Information – Non-Recreation Outgrant Request
2. USACE Non-Recreation Outgrant Policy
3. Applicant Information – Recreation Outgrant Request
4. USACE Recreation Development Policy for Outgranted Corps Lands