If you have a classroom, scout group, civic organization, home school group, summer camp, or club that would like to have one of our Park Rangers present a program to you, drop us an email and let us know!
We offer many topics including Environmental Education, Water Safety, and Basic Lake and Dam programs. We come to you or, you can bring your group to us!
If you don’t see something you like, contact us and we’ll try to accommodate!
More information and Program Requests:
919-542-4501 x2435 OR
If you would like to visit us, please specify if you would like a program at Jordan or Falls Lake.
- PreK – 2nd: Learn basic water safety tips from Buddy the Beaver. The younger crowd loves this puppet show!
- 2nd – 4th: Some newly-discovered dinosaurs teach us about how to be safe around the water. The Sinkasaur, Buddysauras Rex, and Leapadactyl went extinct because they didn’t know the rules!
- 3rd-5th: Basic Water Safety program that uses LOTS of audience participation and a little bit of science to teach water safety.
- Middle – High School: A more serious look at decisions and consequences, peer pressure, alcohol use, etc. that all contributed to real life drownings.
| HUGE variety of Topics
- Birds of a Feather (birds of prey)
- Fashion a Fish (go ‘fishing’ and learn about what makes our finned friends so cool!)
- Water Quality (various topics and methods of teaching)
- Water Supply (paired with Dam Tour)
- Animal CSI (what animals leave behind!)
- Camouflage Colors (Just what is camouflage and how do animals use it?)
- Soils/Life Box (What on earth does dirt have to do with life?)
- Etc….Need a specific topic covered? Just ask!
Dam Tour/Lake History
| Program lasts about 1 hr with topics and activities geared to age group. We always cover the reasons why the B. Everett Jordan Dam and Lake are here. Other topics/activities to include:
- Build a Dam
- Water Quality
- Water Supply