Mandatory Sources


U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Information Technology (IT) hardware and Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software purchases are made through the Army Computer Hardware, Enterprise Software and Solutions (CHESS) program. When procuring IT Services under CHESS, consideration must be given to setting aside requirements for small businesses and other small business categories.

All Army personnel are required to utilize CHESS for all COTS Purchases

SAIC provides all IT services for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers world-wide to include making purchases under the CHESS program.

As a small business seeking subcontracting opportunities, the link to SAIC’s small business webpage is You may utilize their “contact us form” at or contact Ms. Rita Brooks at

This contract is currently managed by the U.S. Army Engineering and Support Center, Huntsville

NOTE:  This is not an official document from ACE-IT. This is provided as a courtesy to small business.


                                                                 LOGISTICS SUPPORT FOR ALL CORPS OF ENGINEERS ACTIVITIES

Logistics related products and services in the Corps of Engineers are provided by the USACE Logistics Activity (ULA), a Field Operating Activity (FOA.)    The ULA is headquartered in Millington, TN which is near Memphis.   ERDC can only get “logistics” products and services through the ULA.  This is a mandatory source for all USACE activities/locations.  You should contact the ULA for further information concerning selling to the Corps.  The ULA uses the Memphis District Contracting Office for its requirements.  Karen Brady is your small business advocate at the Memphis contracting office, which supports the ULA (901) 544-4146.


                                                                                                  ARMY OFFICE SUPPLIES


Army activities are required to purchase all office supplies through the GSA DOD eMall.    Virtually all office supplies are purchased by Government Procurement Card holders.   Card holders are required to rotate their purchases among all suppliers on the eMall; they cannot go to the same one repeatedly.  The small business office does not review or have any input/influence on which vendors are used at the DOD eMall.   Bottom Line: you must be a vendor on DOD eMall under this GSA FSS regardless of price/cost.  


                                                                    COMMERCIAL LAB TESTING CERTIFICATION BY USACE


USACE Districts, Centers, and Labs get calls every so often from commercial labs wanting to get "certified" by USACE so they can provide testing services to various federal agencies for construction materials, like concrete & soil.  Mr. Al Crawley in the Geotechnical & Structures Lab (GSL) in Vicksburg handles this.  Phone: 601-634-3123

GSL accepts accreditation/inspection by AMRL or CCRL for audit purposes so the business doesn't have to pay for a separate inspection by GSL. You still need to contact Al even if you are accredited by AMRL/CCRL and want to be “certified” by USACE.  The Corps does not have a comparable certification program for environmental testing.  Those labs are certified by the states.


                                                                                        GROUND AND AIR TRANSPORTATION


Ground Transportation: In accordance with the Defense Transportation Regulations, all buses, vans, and limousines must be DoD-approved. In order to become an approved carrier, you will need to contact:


Defense Travel Management Office

4800 Mark Center Drive, Suite 04J25-01

Alexandria, VA 22350-9000

Phone: 571-372-1300

Air Transportation: DoD-approve air carriers must be used for all charter and group movements. DoD instruction 4500.53 requires that DoD components procure commercial air transportation services from air carriers approved by the DoD Commercial Airlift Review Board (CARB). The DoD Commercial Airlift Division (HQ AMC/A3B), located at HQ AMC, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois; supports the CAR and is response for validating and releasing a list of commercial air carriers approved, and not approved to do business with DoD for the following types of aircraft:

Fixed Wing: Approved for Fixed-Wing Aircraft Operations Only

Cargo Only: No Passenger Transportation

CRAF: Civil Reserve Air Fleet Carrier

GSA: GSA City Pair Carrier

Rotary Wing: Approved for Helicopter Operations Only

OPS Only: Operational Missions only; No Passenger Transportation

Air Ambulance: Approved for Air Ambulance Service

Call (618) 229-2073 or (618) 229-2109 for further information


Current as of: Jun 2018